Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dream Car




I had long planned to begin searching for a dependable used car following retirement. The way we found it may seem serendipitous, but we know better. If we hadn't gone to a yard sale all the way in Carthage, which we rarely do, we wouldn't have known about this car. Returning home on 15-501 Judy spotted a sign at Phillips Ford, "2003 Toyota, low mileage." She asked if I wanted to turn around and look at it. At first I said no, but on second thought, I decided we should. While I had in mind maybe an '05 or newer, the condition of this Camry makes up for its age. It has every option that was on my list, and after having it four days and driving 60 miles, it has confirmed the validity of Davy Crockett's dictum, "Be sure you're right, then go ahead." Everything our salesman told us was true, and the engine is in pristine shape. As a bonus, it has just enough minor nicks that I don't have to worry about making the first one! Don't know what kind of mileage it gets. At this rate, the first tank of gas might last into August. If it's 30+, I'll probably blog, otherwise, just figure I was disappointed. But either way, I'll be driving a lot less locally in retirement. This car should do great for trips to Atlanta--plenty of zip for traffic, and for excursions to the mountains and beyond. Hope to have it for a long, long time.

5 comments:

Renee said...

Emma and Jessie said "WOW"

Cindy said...

I like the car--hope you got a good deal and I hope you are pleased with the gas mileage. Atlanta, huh? Sounds fun!!

I absolutely LOVED your pictures of your trip, by the way!!

Unknown said...

Great car! You won't be disappointed with a Toyota. We have really been happy with mine.

Amanda said...

I love it, of course! The green is such a nice color. You might have to take me for a ride sometime!

Jennifer Kirby said...

You already know I love it. But can it ever replace the old Camry in our hearts?