Friday, July 11, 2008

Hmm . . .

I wonder how many of you long-time bloggers sit down to blog not knowing what you're going to write about. Having already cut grass and done my morning walk with Judy this just seemed like a good time to get out of the humidity and blog in air conditioning. Not a lot has happened since I began this blog just before supper last night. But as an E.T. (eclectic type) I claim license to write about multiple random events at odd times or not at all. I don't exactly want my blog to be like Seinfeld, i.e. "a show about nothing," but it will range from serious topics to trivial. One thing you should NOT expect to see from me is a List of 101 Things in 1001 Days, which Jennifer and Amanda have ambitiously embarked on. I actually AM a list-maker. I throw away out-dated to-do lists every few days. I notice that "cut grass" is a recurring theme. "Work on woodpile" is another regular. But I went all the way back to Jennifer's blog of November 2007 when she wrote in regard to her 101 List: "It's no secret that I love a) resolutions, b) goals, c) lists and d) accountability" Well, in recent years, accountability (which is a very good thing) has been so mis-applied in education (more time documenting than doing) that I have no desire to feel like I'm in race against my own list.

My own version of laid-back lists with no strict time-lines will continue. This summer I plan to:
cut grass, cut wood, car-shop, study house plans, blog, do a second printing of my book (more in future blogs), do lots of fun stuff at home and away from home, volunteer a lot of music time at the hospital and rest homes, and devote more time than ever to my friends and family. That's all pretty open-ended. And this year, when school starts, my list can stay the same. We hope to see fall leaves in the mountains and visit the beach in the winter. Many more plans ahead.

1 comment:

Renee said...

We are back from vacation and I guess I will be learning to blog - something I have never done!! I am sure Amanda will help.

Your page is very interesting already - can't wait to read more.