Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BIGGEST BLOG ANNOUNCEMENT YET!


This post is a reward for those of you who faithfully read my blog (yeah, all five of you--ha,ha). Seriously, only a handful of you already know this. Drum roll, please. Trumpet fanfare, if you like. I'M GONNA BE A GRANDPA! And JUDY'S GONNA BE A GRANDMA! And it's all thanks to AMANDA and STEPHEN. Amanda has written extensively on her blog (click on the link) so I suggest those of you who want all the details read her detailed journal entries there.


Not only will this be the first grandchild for me and Judy, he or she will simultaneously make FOUR lucky folks Great Grandparents for the first time. Many future blogs will find a way to discuss the joys of babyhood and parenthood, and I will be sharing some cool ideas from a book called 125 Brain Games for Babies. And these aren't games that make learning into work (heaven forbid!). They're perfectly normal, intuitively sound activities that wise parents have been using successfully for generations.


Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There is nothing in world better than holding your first grandchild (or second, or third or fourth). The joy that Joshua and Seth have brought into our lives is beyond words. By the way this makes me an aunt. It seems like yesterday that Amanda was toddling around with her blanket. They really do grow up fast.

Amanda said...

Thanks for this cute blog! I can't wait to hear and play the brain games!

Cindy said...

CONGRATULATIONS---SO What do you and Mrs. Judy want this precious little person to call you? Are you gonna be "Grandpa" or Papa or Papaw?? Grandma, Granny or Mamaw??

My parents are "Ma" and "Pa".

HOW Exciting for you guys---wonderful--keep us posted on this journey....

Ken Loyd said...

As they say, I don't care what you call me, as long as you call me for breakfast, lunch, and supper. I called mine Papa Loyd and Papa Gaddis. My dad is now Grandpa Loyd and Judy's dad is Grandaddy. I'll take what I can get.