Saturday, September 6, 2008

HOT 'LANTA Post #2

Ken's Atlanta Home
Mama / Grandma Loyd
Daddy / Grandpa Loyd
After my earlier post you probably thought we did nothing but eat while in Atlanta. Wrong, wrong, wrong! (Oops, I forgot to mention three delish breakfasts Judy and I had at Bagel Palace, IHOP, and Cracker Barrel *[see end note])
Here are some other activities that consumed our time all too quickly:
  • Light yard chores: cutting a little grass, clearing roof of fallen limbs
  • Evening neighborhood walks (including Mama's walks up and down the driveway)
  • Racking up good buys at two favorite thrift shops, plus Festiva Plaza, located on the site of the home where I was raised my first 9 years
  • Having some good family confabs about anything from Christmas plans to bygone days, to political conventions, to the Braves (who are doing even worse than the politicians)!
  • Afternoon and evening songfests in the living room. I took my keyboard along and Buddy, Mama, and occasionally Daddy, all requested their favorites. Below are some of them.

Second Hand Rose *** Beer Barrel Polka *** If You Knew Susie *** The Glory of Love *** Let Me Call You Sweetheart *** Smoke Gets in Your Eyes *** Misty and literally dozens more. We usually knew enough words to get through most of them. Mama's memory for tunes and lyrics is truly phenomenal.

A great time was had by all, and the next time won't be as far in the future as when I was teaching.

*End note: the asterisk beside Cracker Barrel near the beginning is so I could list what comes with their Harvest Sampler Breakfast, available for a limited time only, for only $7.29 :

Two eggs, any style, hash brown casserole, baked apples, one strip bacon, one patty sausage, two biscuits, grits, choice of country ham or Virginia sugar-cured ham, (dessert) apple spice cake square.

If you live within a couple hundred miles of a Cracker Barrel, we highly recommend this!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are good pictures of Ann and Marvin. I was really glad to see Ann's picture.

Cindy said...

Cracker Barrel? YUMMY!!

Sounds like you guys had a terrific trip--I'm so glad you got away for a while. Don't you just LOVE catching up with family and friends????

Ken Loyd said...

Yes,I do. And NOW I have to catch up on yardwork and blogging!