Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Scenes from the New River Trail--Tuesday

Of all our trips to the New River this is the first time we've seen it filled to the brim. Absolutely beautiful.
We love this rock-hewn tunnel near Fries Junction. Imagine riding through it behind an old steam locomotive.
This farmyard caught our eyes as we biked toward Chestnut Yard, where trains were once repaired and serviced. It was the goats that caught Judy's eye and the woodpile that caught mine!
Near the end of our ride we backtracked a mile toward Galax to visit Chestnut Creek Falls.
Judy says "Hi."
More about the trip in the next post.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love these pictures! I think I am the only family member (or person) who you have recommended the cabooses to who hasn't gone yet. Everytime we've tried to schedule a trip, they are booked. You're telling too many people about them!!

About the "tag - you're it", I was always in the same predicament before you blogged. I didn't have anyone to tag either. So I just didn't tag anyone!!