Saturday, September 20, 2008

First Singalong of 2008-2009 ~ Thanks for the Invitation

Are you sure we can sing that at school?
Yeah, Mrs. Cameron said you were a little weird.
I was having fun until Mr. Loyd said we were practicing reading while we sing.
No, I don't know why they're called "keys."

Friday afternoon I was invited to Camp JC. That's Camp Jackson Cameron. Mr. David Jackson and Mrs. Pam Cameron had me come in for a singalong with their 2nd grade class, and what a blast we had! We sang The Cat Came Back, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly, Boom Boom Ain't it Great to be Crazy, The Desperado, and a bunch of other favorite songs. Pam had prepped them on motions to Boom Boom and Desperado, and I was very impressed with the students's alertness and enthusiasm. This class is definitely the place to be (now that the Adventure Classroom has faded into the sunset). Actually, there is no monopoly on adventure in learning. Everybody ought to try it. These cool kids had a special group welcome as well as a special goodby. Teamwork and cameraderie were strongly evident.



After school I hung around during car-rider pickup and got to see a lot of very dear students and teachers. I saw all the fourth grade teachers and have finalized plans to share Mystery at the Loyd Homeplace with them the next three Fridays. I can't wait!

No comments: