Friday, September 19, 2008

A Motley Crew of Loyds, Talberts, and Kirbys Help "ROCK THE PLAZA"

If you're not familiar with Rock the Plaza, Jennifer and Amanda have blogged about it previously and Judy and I finally made an appearance. It's in the courtyard one block off Broad Street in Southern Pines. The sign below gives the basic info.



Jennifer's firm (?), the Kirby Real Estate Group, helped sponsor this month's event.

Matt, Jennifer, and Stephen Kirby. Rock the Plaza has to be cool or they wouldn't sponsor it.

One reason Judy and I were looking forward to this evening is because we had already planned to sample Dog Nations now-famous hot dogs. We did, but I was pleased they had added burgers to their grill offerings. This was Judy's after one bite. Humongous! Mine was already devoured.


The courtyard. Surrounding shops were open late. Plenty of good food and live music.


The theme for the month was "Health and Safety." Kaleigh gets to meet McGruff, the Crime Dog.
Kaleigh and Trevor get fingerprinted by the Southern Pines police (NO, they didn't do anything wrong)!
The band, House Call, played hits from the fifties, sixties, and seventies. Every member of the group is a doctor, and they were very good.
I may get brave and post my video of them doing "Margaritaville." I say brave because uploading videos is a challenge for our computer. We'll see.
There won't be any more Rock the Plaza events this fall, but I bet they'll be back next spring, and I also bet many of you would enjoy the food, music, SALE PRICES, and socializing.




No comments: