Wednesday, September 10, 2008

NEWS FLASH! Debi is a WINNER! Find out why . . .

Worth a second look . . .

If you didn't read Monday's post about my rattler, please do so before proceeding.


Debi is a winner (24/7 in my opinion) because after reading my blog about our resident rattlesnake, she sent me a compassionate e-mail of concern and caution. As such, Debi will receive a celebrity visit from Ken and Judy at some time soon to be determined. HOW'S THAT, Debi?!


Now, I must reveal, that I was somewhat mistaken. Boy is my face red! When I saw what I saw, snakeskin in close proximity to an apparent array of rattles, I jumped to the conclusion we had a rattlesnake in Murdocksville. I'm embarrassed that I'm supposed to be something of an authority on snakes, yet I was fooled by what turned out to be a piece of corncob dragged out of our compost pile by a 'possum!


So-o-o-o, it turns out it was a CORNSNAKE, not a rattlesnake! Leave it to Corny Ken.


In closing, I must confess the whole thing was the latest in my series of hoaxes. Snopes.com is not even bothering to check this one out. My larger point is this: Please be careful about believing everything you read on the Internet. There's some outlandish stuff being put in cyberspace that isn't just misguided opinion, it's not even good fiction. But more about the election in a future blog. Apologies to Debi and anyone else whose intelligence I might have insulted. I LOVE Y'ALL!

3 comments:

Jennifer Kirby said...

Wow! You fooled me ... not because that doesn't look like a corncob but because I TRUST YOU! Do you feel guilty? :)

This post is much more effective than my own rant about online lies. Bravo!

Ken Loyd said...

Didn't you learn a lesson from my Frog Blog several days ago? Expect more hoaxes, when you least expect them (is that a paradox)?

Unknown said...

NO!!! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! I thought everything on the internet was the gospel truth, that's what my students tell me.