Monday, December 8, 2008

Deck the Halls! And Everything else!

Last week Chipper visited school with me and shared smiles with Jessie and other children. He was re-christened "Chipper Claus" by someone.Brent and Dalton make me glad 5th graders aren't too self-conscious to be photographed with my favorite monkey!



Back at home, we got a start on decorating last week. The Polar Express, it ain't! But it's a Christmas train, and as you know, I love trains. Plus, I got it at a yard sale!

Here's Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, and entourage. With these lights, it looks more like a Holiday Inn Express or Motel Six.


But here's what our nativity scene really looks like.



Not only did this Christmas village come from a yard sale, but it was when I was on one of our West Virginia mission trips. They have yard sales every day of the week up there!




A Christmas visit at church gave me this Santa and helpers with ladder several seasons ago. At school, I used it to do a little brainteaser. I gave the children Math clues to help them guess which rung of the ladder Santa, elves, and Frosty were on. (Algebra-- and yes, it's in the third grade curriculum these days!)


And finally, our 2008 tree. Donald and Shirley generously offered for us to cut one on their property, and we thought this one was as perfect and full as any we've ever had (and we've had some real winners, as well as our share of Charlie Brown types).

In its undecorated state, like all evergreens, it symbolizes the eternal life Christ came to freely offer mankind.
I'll post before/after pictures when the decorating is complete. MERRY CHRISTMAS!








No comments: