Monday, December 15, 2008

Funny Christmas Quotations



As at Halloween and Thanksgiving, I always had my students do sentence completions for Christmas characters to work on punctuation and creative writing. Also, to make language skill practice more fun!



From my collection:

As the elf watched Santa get in the sleigh he said,

  • "You win the bet, Twinkles. He still fits."

  • "Ya know, Santa makes the Pillsbury Doughboy look like a stringbean."

  • "Whatcha wanna bet Rudolph stops too fast and that new airbag goes off?"

Rudolph whispered to Blitzen,


  • "Since you're riding behind me, I better warn you I just had some of Mrs. C.'s red hot North Pole baked beans."

  • "If you don't quit calling me buffalo butt I'm gonna clobber you."

  • "If you'll give me your dessert I'll let you ride in front."

  • "I hardly slept a wink last night. Couldn't turn my doggone nose off."

  • "Pass the word-- we're bustin' outta this joint tonight."

  • "I've got a song about me and you don't."

The little boy thought as he put out milk and cookies,



  • "I know someone who needs these cookies a lot more than that fat old man who ought to be on a diet anyway!"

  • "I sure hope I get more than I deserve."

  • "Well, I've got the burglar alarm set and the video camera aimed up the chimney. All systems are go!"

On Christmas morning the Grinch climbed out of bed and said,


  • "I turned rotten the year Santa didn't bring me an electric train."

  • "Oh, man. I forgot to steal Christmas. Oh, well. I'll just steal Valentine's Day instead."

  • "Oh, what a nightmare! I dreamed I was Santa's little helper with . . . yuck. . . red and white tights!"

  • "Maybe if Mama hadn't named me Grinch I wouldn't be in such a bad mood all the time."

Frosty the Snowman looked around and said,

  • "Is it hot in here, or is it just me?"

  • "Has anyone seen my corncob pipe? I can't see much with these eyes made out of coal."

  • "I'm still pretty shook up from seeing Bigfoot's footprints in the snow last week."
  • "Does anybody see where I left my legs?"

As Santa hopped into his sleigh he said,

  • "I hope I remembered to turn on my teddy bear night light."
  • "Don't worry, reindeer. Mrs. C. gave me a membership in Weight Watchers."

  • "Yahoo! Ride 'em, cowboy. Oops, I forgot. I'm not a cowboy, I'm Santa Claus."

  • "If we hurry maybe we'll have time to stop at Granny's Doughnuts."

  • "Hmmm. Has this sleigh shrunk, or what?"

  • "Now let's see if I can remember where the ignition is on this thing."


More to follow soon! Try some yourself (especially you teachers out there!)

No comments: