Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fifteen Minutes of Fame: Grandpa Babysits Brianna

I originally intended my next blog post to be about last Tuesday's trip to the zoo, but that'll have to wait. Last night I got to babysit Brianna for all of fifteen minutes! What a blast I had (maybe she did, too)!

Judy and Amanda had a Mother/Daughter Banquet at Amanda's church last night. Brianna went along for that, because she's a great conversationalist and life of the party. I don't think Judy and Amanda would have been allowed in without her.

But after they came back to our house, Judy and Amanda asked if I would mind keeping Brianna while they made a quick run to Lowe's Foods. I immediately agreed!
We all noticed that Brianna is looking around more, taking in her surroundings. She seems so calm and content.


We watched 5 minutes of a show on World War II aircraft battle film on the Military Channel. Then we switched to "Keeping Up Appearances." Public television is so educational!


I talked and sang to her. I think she might have preferred the WW II show.
We had a fantastic time together, just Grandpa and Brianna. Fifteen whole minutes. Never even got up off the couch. Of course, these pictures were taken after Judy and Amanda got back from the store.
Brianna is full of personality and is so much fun to hold. We'll probably have to put time limits on the adults sometime in the future or the child's feet will never touch the floor. Amanda says she already loves her daily "tummy time," and when she can support her own head a little better she will get to try the "Johnny Jump Up" at our house. Then the tire swing. Then the bike. Then the Camry. You get the idea. Next time: The Zoo. Unless I see Brianna again first!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Cute pictures! What a proud grandpa! She will treasure these pics and this time together as she gets older! Every 15 minutes counts!!