Thursday, July 21, 2011

400th Blog Post Features . . . the Grandchildren, of Course

I realized several days ago that my 400th blog post was approaching.  I thought of all the eclectic things I have written about since beginning my blog three years ago.  Eclectic means that you've heard about our trips, family history, grandbabies, home happenings, and random wacky notions.  Some of you have been with me since the beginning, others are more recent readers.  I am thankful for you all.  Judy and I just returned from a mountain retreat and it will be the subject of multiple posts soon.  But for this honored 400th, I've chosen-- tah dah-- THE GRANDCHILDREN! Surprised?  Probably not!

Most of these pictures were taken at Amanda's house where we babysat while she was on a church youth trip (please blog about it soon, Amanda).

Hunter has learned that if he successfully completes this maze we will feed him.  Eventually.

Brianna: "Hunter, you've got to learn-- when someone's telling you a secret you don't claw their eyes out."

I often let Hunter and Evan play with my hair to get them laughing.  Brianna did the same and found out how strong Hunter's grip is getting.

Hunter: "Grandpa, I hope you don't have anything else to do.  I thought I'd just perch here and meditate awhile.

Brianna: "Baby, just wait till you have kids of your own.  It's no picnic, believe me.  But at least I never have to refill your bottle."

Brianna: "Boy, do I need this banana.  I've already burned all my breakfast calories, and Grandma and Grandpa have only been here a couple of hours."

O happy day!  Jennifer brought Claire and Evan over to hang out (and assist us) before lunchtime.  Claire is doing her rendition of Charleton Heston in "The Ten Commandments."

Bri likes the slide, too.  Especially as a diving board.
1-2-3 Geronimo!

Sometimes Bri slows down and becomes Claire's audience.  Plus, she's getting to chew on Aunt Jennifer's sunglasses.  Now you see why Evan isn't in all the pictures.  Don't worry, hungry man.  We'll get you in some before we're done.

All eyes are focused on the girls on the sliding board.
Hunter: "Wow, even I wouldn't try that!  . . . yet."

I love these times when I get to hand the camera off.  Thanks, Jennifer.  I owe you.  In fact, I owe you a camera.
The girls are thinking: "Okay, what's Grandpa gonna do now?"

Just tell us when your arms get tired, Grandpa.  No, we won't let you put us down, but you can still tell us.

Well, let's play hide-and-seek.  Where's Grandpa now?

Can you tell I'm in heaven?  And I think Bri and Claire are, too.

These pics of Evan were from a day or two earlier.
Evan: "Dear God, thank you for Graham crackers. Amen."

Evan: "I'm just going to town for a few things.  I'll be back in time to eat.  Of course."

Just look at how tall the Ev-man is getting!

And with this picture of all four of these little packages of joy, I'll close this 400th blog post.  It's thrilling to imagine the great times the future holds for all of us.
Come back soon to learn about our latest Blue Ridge adventure.

No comments: