Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Busy and Wonderful Week

The week we are now concluding has been one of the busiest but most special we've had in a long time.  From Monday through Friday, we had a chance to spend a little time each day with at least some of the grandkids.  We also had visits from some old and dear friends (that didn't sound as complimentary as I intended, did it)?

But let's start with the kids. 
Either Claire and Evan love each other VERY much or this is how they share their thoughts about us big people telepathically.  I think it's the former, but I can't rule out the latter.

Judy tries to convince Claire that anyone can learn a musical instrument.  Claire doesn't seem so sure.

Evan, the "Ev Man," can give himself a bottle better than we can provide this service.  Are we going to disappear like full-service gas stations?  Nah, somebody's still got to mix the (secret) formula.

Question:  If Claire can do this at age two, what will her insurance rate be at age 12?

Claire's motto: Have springs, will bounce.

And speaking of springs, when I asked Brianna the simple question "Can you put your hands inside there?", I thought I'd never get my Slinky back.

Twice in the last month it has been pouring down rain when Amanda needed to leave our house.  The first time it rained three inches in an hour and she decided to stay here a while.  This time we got a mere inch and a half and she was prepared to shuttle the kids and diaper bags to the car and keep at least partially dry.  At least she and Hunter were still dry in this picture.

If Bri looks a little somber here, it's probably because she's leaving Grandma and Grandpa's house now.  Someone mentioned that it's bad luck to open an umbrella inside, but we don't allow bad luck around here.
Side note:  Two songs that Brianna really loves are "Rain, Rain, Go Away" and "It's Raining, It's Pouring, The Old Man is Snoring."  She also loves a few dozen other songs.

SURPRISE!
MYSTERY GUESTS!
It's Charlie and Liz, who we talk to frequently but hadn't seen since we visited them in Louisville a year ago.  Many of my blog readers know them, too, and you'll be happy to see how great they look.

On short notice, we were able to throw together a wonderful evening with friends who were part of Fresh Start Church and a Thursday evening prayer group when Charlie pastored here in Moore County.

There was singing, lively conversation, prayer, and many cherished memories were stirred .  Everyone except me was in the picture above.  I accidentally found  that I was in the picture below.  Can you find me?
I'm in the photo on the computer screen, along with Judy, Charlie, and Liz.

I hope that by next weekend I'll have more photos posted.  You see, this blog only covered Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  The real fun was just getting started!

No comments: