Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Foursome of Fun

Continuing in the same vein as the previous blog post, let's see what kind of action is going on at the Loyd house this past Thursday.

Though I am notably absent from most of my blog photos, I took advantage of Jennifer to ham it up in some of these.

Grandpa is a "Kid Magnet."  Actually, hidden from view is the real magnet: the book with "The Farmer in the Dell."  Haven't you heard?  It's back in America's Top 40.

I'd love to know what these boys were talking about in their private language.

This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home . . . .

Brianna:  "Where's my brother?"
Evan: "Where's my sister?"

In the following cluster of six pictures, I want you to observe a few things.  At first glance, the pictures seem almost identical.  But there are subtle changes in each one.  I title this little collection "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

As Hunter climbs aboard, Bri says, "Hey, we're listing to starboard!"

Grandma arrives with reinforcements.  And Claire.
Snack of the hour is Goldfish.  And the boys want in on it.

Hunter decides to head off on an exploratory mission.
And then right back.  And check out Claire's expression.  In our family circle there's a name for that trademark "look."
What's this?  Since when can Evan crawl?  Since now, apparently.

Claire decides Evan has earned his Goldfish.

As Hunter and Claire wolf down more yummies, Grandma confirms wisdom from our Babysitter's Guide:  All you really need is some well-chosen toys, any kind of music, and . . . a bottomless bag of Goldfish.
It's very hard to believe, but this is my 399th blog post since I began the Eclectic Blog in 2008.  I've already got some material that could make the 400th.  But I'm going to think about it for a few days.  Check back soon.

No comments: