Sunday, February 26, 2012

F. G. on R. : Part FIVE-- Moving Day!

Evan seems pretty calm considering it's
MOVING DAY!  I'll leave it to Jennifer
to tell you about that later, but it meant
a fun half-day for me and Judy.
I'm a big boy.  I can play and have fun all by myself.

Hmm.  What are Claire and Grandma doing in there?

An attack toddler is all you really need for
a home security system.

Grandma and Claire are the first to try out my new
tire swing.  I'm SO proud of it.  I took the rim of an
old truck tire discarded at the dump, drilled holes in
it, and strung it up with some nylon rope I had gotten
at a yard sale years ago.

As Claire demonstrates, it can be for one OR two.
I don't plan to put the boys on it WITH the girls
until they can hold on more tightly.  But I think
even the boys can ride it if we keep it gentle.
The thing can be controlled by the rider and is
very versatile.  Stop by for a trial ride-- if you dare!

Kitty Cat says, "You won't catch me on that
contraption!" And he's probably right-- we won't
catch him on it.  But I bet he'll be on it whenever
we're not looking.  He's just that way.

But sometimes Kitty Cat lets people catch him.
Just to show he's a real cool cat.

The first picture of Kitty Cat showed him sunning
on top of my old '73 Mercury Montego station wagon.
I'm also allowing the kids to play in it under my
supervision.  All Evan needs is some Beach Boys music.

He's having too much fun.  Better hide those keys!

Claire had turned down the first offer to play in
the car, but her curiosity finally gets the better of her.
You may notice Kitty Cat's paw prints on the
windshield in all these car pictures.

It was a blustery, chilly morning, but that didn't
keep these two from cooking up some delights in
the kitchen.  For Claire, it was brownies.  As for
Evan, he never revealed what his concoction was.

After a special Grandma lunch of chicken nuggets,
french fries, mac and cheese, and grapes, we
delivered the tired and happy children to their new
home.  Not to steal Jennifer's thunder, but Judy and
I love it.  We got a quick tour.  The kids will have
great fun there.  But even more at G'ma and G'pa's!
That's just the way it is.

No comments: