Thursday, February 23, 2012

February Grandkids on Review: Part Two

Next, it's Brianna and Hunter's turn to show
their particular variety of fun in February.
(See previous post for Claire and Evan)

Celebrity tree-walkers always have time to
smile for the camera.

And what is this rare occurrence?
Hunter?  Taking a nap?  At Grandpa's
house?  Must be an alternate universe!

Kitty Cat is content to guard the sleeping toddler.
Since there are no sleeping dogs (thankfully).

Yes, it's official.  Five weeks till the Braves home
opener.  Hunter was born with the baseball gene.

Yeah, let's get down with a little music.
Bri plays the harmonica and Hunter
plays everything else.  How eclectic.

Well, if I'm gonna be a musician . . . .

Grandma, I don't have to go incognito for you.
Got a banana?

Hunter's in bed and reading time is all for Bri.

Hunter happened to remember that March Madness
comes before baseball season.  And he has a wide
variety of balls to practice with.

IN YOUR FACE!  Now play "Rocky."

Hunter's getting ready to take Grandpa's car out
for a little spin.

Grandpa, are you sure these are the keys?
Looks more like an air pressure gauge to me.

Bri is making cornbread.  And how many chefs do
you know who can cook on the floor without
bending their knees?  That's what I thought.


C'mon, Baby Jingle.  Gotta eat your peas
 and carrots to keep your strength up.
(These are a couple of our "outdoor" babies--
that once belonged to Jennifer and Amanda.)

The woodpile yields the first beetle since winter
began.  And the children just can't wait to see
if he likes the Sit 'n' Spin.
(He was glad to go back to the woodpile.)

Hunter believes that a true sports enthusiast works
on his "shot" indoors and out.

Creative gadget of the week:  this old top to an
appliance hooks over the top of a folding chair
and provides a bright, sturdy background for
our magnetic alphabet.  

I knew '73 Mercuries would be cool again one day.
Who knows, Bri may be driving it when it turns
over 300,000 miles in a few years (279k, so far).

Hunter, I hope you realize if I was actually driving
I wouldn't be able to see the road because of you.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Okay, everybody.  Time to check blood pressure,
listen to heartbeats, and give shots.  Oh, yes,
GIVE SHOTS!

Before she can go home, Brianna insists on perching
in the dogwood tree Amanda and Jennifer once
climbed-- to get on the roof!

Yes, I'm buckled.
Yes, I know about the "open container" law.
Well, at least I'm not texting, am I?

Well, folks, I'll see you real soon with
even MORE February pictures!  I can't help it!

No comments: