Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Briefly

I may post again later today, but this is a brief update just in case I don't get a chance. I already missed blogging Tuesday. Tuesday consisted of stacking, hauling, and splitting wood from 8 to 11. Cleaning up, eating lunch, hauling garbage to the Carthage recycling center (dump) in Woody ('73 Mercury station wagon), getting my haircut by great friend Tom at Hillcrest, and playing the piano at the hospital.

Today, I took off from working on the woodpile for a more important endeavor. Pastor Barbery asked me to lead Sunday evening's service this week, and I knew my basic theme immediately. Developing it and organizing my thoughts is the harder part, and I've spent most of this morning studying every gospel reference to the word "truth." Things are coming together, but I have a lot more studying ahead before I'm ready to share.

Amanda's coming for lunch! Soup, cheese toast, and great company. So long for now.

No comments: