Sunday, August 10, 2008

An-tic-i-pa-tion

"Anticipation" is a great song from Carly Simon's many great hits. It didn't even ruin it for me when they used it for Heinz ketchup advertisements. I like ketchup (and I know how to make it pour faster). But right now I'm full of anticipation of tomorrow's colonoscopy. My schedule was moved up a mere 1 hour which required me to start drinking the evil elixir today instead of Monday morning. I've already had four cups of the lemon-lime concoction. It's not as nasty as it could be, but it'll never replace Mello Yello or anything. It's a psychological battle, because when do you dring a GALLON of even your favorite beverage? Even when I have multiple refills of sweet tea, I don't think I approach a gallon.

In the days since I scheduled this almost everyone I mentioned it to said they had already had the experience (some of you younger ones may have years to wait). I got advice, I got sympathy, but nobody offered to take my place. Harold was eager to e-mail me a comic list of comments patients had supposedly made to their colonoscopy administrators. Here are a couple: No-- on second thought I don't want to get banned from blogspot after one month. Anyway, they're funny. Harold told me I'd crack up. My 94 year-old father was most encouraging, too. He told me his was done years ago without anesthesia and he thought he was going to die. They kept him for one hour, let him drive home, and he ate at Chic-Fil-a.

Well I just paused for my sixth 8 ounce drink in one hour. No results yet, but I am starting to feel full. Between potty breaks this evening, I hope to read, watch a little of the Olympics, and play cards. I'll leave you now to anticipate my next post. Personally, since I'm going to miss my next three meals, I'm going to begin thinking about my next solid food--Monday evening!

1 comment:

Brian Barndt said...

mello yello, sweet tea...seeing a pattern here, kennyboy!