Monday, August 4, 2008

Out and About: Retired Life

I planned a full but relaxed Monday, and it was. I stopped by the Senior Citizens Center to make an appointment for training on their fitness equipment. I can go Friday a.m. I headed to Phillips Ford in Carthage because they had my new tag and registration papers. Plus, I wanted them to order a trailer hitch for the bike rack I just acquired (thanks for those Wal-mart gift cards!) I headed over to Farm Life School to deliver a check which was donated so that I could buy some books for the school. I delivered a couple of copies of my own book, Mystery at the Loyd Homeplace, along the way. Saw some of my dearest friends while there. Sometimes in the summer there's almost nobody at school , so I was lucky. I came home with a cutesy tomato, a bell pepper, and a home-grown watermelon. Judy and I had lunch at Jack and Thelma's. Besides eating, I played the piano and read (not at the same time) while Judy and Thelma shelled a bunch of peas. Once home, I headed off to borrow a wood-splitter in preparation for splitting all the logs I've sawed since school got out, probably two cords. We had a wonderful supper and will go walking in a little while.

My outings resulted in me filling up my calendar for the rest of the week. I have places to be at 8 a.m. Tuesday, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, 8 a.m. Thursday, 10 a.m. Friday, and 9 a.m. Saturday. See, that's why I had to retire!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Sounds like such a hard life... how will you ever deal with all this stress (eyes rolling)...

Unknown said...

How do you like the retired life Ken so far?

Unknown said...

I've been counting the time til I can retire but after reading this I am even more excited about it. I think I could handle this kind of stress.