Friday, August 22, 2008

The Frog Who Came to Dinner (or It's Not Easy Being Green)

Can you spot the one that's not a vegetable?




Thursday night we grilled eggplant, zucchini, squash, and bell peppers, as well as a polish sausage. It was all delish. Tonight we dined on the front porch, with background music by Calliope Fair, featuring our friend Leah. Our dinner guest, in fact a regular on our porch, was small and green. Don't confuse him with the vegetables. I'm sneaking this post in on Friday night, but I've gotta go-- it's time for Monk.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You grilling eggplant when you could be grilling steak and potatoes Ken Loyd!!!!!Shame,shame,shame on you!!!You don't know what is good eating!!!!!!!!I'll take steak please!!!!!You and Judy need to let me come up there and cook for you two some good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Barndt said...

did you accientally cook the frog? a country boy like you has got to like frog legs.

Amanda said...

I was seriously concerned that I was about to see a picture of the frog on the grill. Thank goodness I didn't!!

Ken Loyd said...

Nope, no frog on the grill. Not now, not ever. That would give a whole new perspective on "It's not easy being green."