Monday, November 24, 2008

Even Though It's Monday . . .


I'm getting used to liking Mondays now that I've been retired a while. Not having lesson plans to prepare and being able to sleep in can sure help you get a different perspective. So I thought I'd do a Top Ten list of some of Monday's highlights.




Ten. I sharpened and cleaned my chainsaw and began cutting a road to the wood that will be next winter's firewood supply. Give me a Tim the Toolman ungh,ungh!




Nine. I went for a cholesterol check and was done in 5 minutes. My numbers are sure to be better than last time after a summer of healthier eating. I hope so, so I can keep eating butter-- especially Judy's sage butter!




Eight. UNC Tar Heels play their first game in the Maui Classic basketball tournament tonight at 10. IF I can stay awake!




Seven. I'm only a couple of chapters from finishing my current book, The Bourne Supremacy. Maybe I can start a new one right around Thanksgiving.




Six. I got another call about buying a copy of my book. That's five in the last two weeks. Looks I'll be reprinting sooner than I thought!




Five. I found a 400+ page on-line Google book called Pioneer Citizens of Atlanta. Although it doesn't tell much about my ancestors specifically, it describes virtually every building and business that was on Loyd Street. I'll be blogging about this after Thanksgiving. In the meantime, Mama and Daddy and I are having big phone conversations about old times every night!




Four. I located some of my Thanksgiving stories I wrote with my students, which means I may be posting one of them tomorrow or Wednesday.




Three. I recorded six hours of old Twilight Zone episodes on SciFi today (thinking of you, Norwood).




Two. The old Toyota cranked successfully, which means the silicon I sprayed in the ignition last week must have eliminated some moisture. I won't need a new starter! Whee! Plus, I can drive it to Eastwood for inspection in December.




ONE. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!




The ONE thing that gave me the whole idea for the list is that AMANDA found out today that Baby Talbert will be a G-I-R-L. I would have been fine either way, but it's an exciting step closer. If you know Amanda and Stephen please visit her blog by clicking HERE. You will be treated to the most wonderful ultrasound photos! Baby Talbert is actually giving a "thumbs up." I think Amanda correctly surmises that this child will hibernate during the cold winter and make her first appearance some ten weeks after Ground Hog Day.


I bet you'll agree, the first nine things in my list pale in comparison to Numero Uno. Judy and I are SO happy for Amanda and Stephen! And Baby Talbert is oh, so lucky!




1 comment:

Amanda said...

That sounds like a GREAT Monday! Tomorrow at lunch I'd like to talk to you about the book you found online. And I'm so proud of the Toyota! What a great car! I love you!