Saturday, October 22, 2011

Action All Around

These pictures were not all taken on the same day,
but they're all recent.  And today is CATCH UP
DAY on the blog!

Hunter: "Did somebody say KETCHUP?"

Brianna loves for Grandma to share a book.
And she likes chewing on Grandpa's whistle
and bird-caller.

Hunter: "I'm just goin' for a spin. 
I'll be back soon."

Obviously, fear of snakes is a learned response.
Well, Hunter won't learn it around here.

Bri loves playing with this little Ferris Wheel
bank.  It was actually the first gift I ever gave
Judy, way back in 1975.  It plays "A Spoonful of
Sugar" when you drop in a penny.

But we make up all kinds of other games
when we drag out the pennies.  Like "Hide
the Hand."  Hmm.  Where is it this time?

Evan thinks this sofa is just the right size.

Evan: "And for my next trick, watch what
this train does when I tug the string."

Grandma discovers that Hunter does like
bananas, after all!

"But I'll still share," says Hunter. 
(He finished it, every bite)

I had to set the camera speed on "Sport"
to catch Claire dancing without blurring.
She dances to every song she sings, but
they all resemble an Iron Man workout.

Grandpa introduces Claire to a new video,
"Wheels, Wings, and Moving Things."
Claire loves anything that GOES, but
especially airplanes.  School buses, trains,
boats, and trucks are also well-liked.

Evan: "Grandma is SO huggable!"
Grandma: "Evan is SO huggable!"

Grandma: "Evan, I LOVE you!"
Evan: "Gramma, I WUV U 2!"

Evan: "Y'all are so suspicious.  What makes
you think I want to open this cabinet just
because I'm leaning on it?"

"Besides, I haven't cracked the combination yet."

As much fun as it is to play with all these
children, it's also wonderful to watch the
countless ways they entertain themselves.
Play is the work of a child.

"Now if I could just learn to set the
self-timer, I could take a picture of
my own cuteness."

Claire can really cruise on the tricycle she
got for her birthday last July.  When supervised
she's got a nice level road.  Her front walk is
a nice practice area, too.  (Soon-to-be Drag Strip!)

"Who says trains have to have tracks?
Is it just another silly grown-up rule?"

"Hmm . . . . What next?"
The wheels are always turning.

Happy Trails until next time!
And next time may well include 3 or 4
well-chosen videos of these lovable rascals.

No comments: