Saturday, October 22, 2011

Trailers from the latest Video Kids

One problem with posting videos of the
grandkids is that I always intend to point
out things to look for-- then I can't remember
what they were.  Well in this video, young
Hunter goes for his first "drive" around our
house.  He encounters a little traffic, a couple
of fender benders, and speed bumps.  Stick
with it to the end to see a cameo by Kitty Cat,
much to Hunter's delight.  And then that big
smile celebrating his successful drive.
(For much of this one, I was literally a "trailer.")

Brianna has always loved the song "The Wheels
on theBus." In Grandma's rocker (which Grandma
is obviously off) Bri sings her way through the book
of the same title.  She had sung through the better
part of it before I could sneak away to get the
camera. Back I came to hear "The babies on the
bus go "wah-wah-wah" and "the mamas on the
bus go shh-shh-shh."  I was very impressed
with Bri's attention span-- it was the end of a
long day for her.  And by the way, she is gentler
on pop-up books than some 3rd graders I taught!

Judy and I were amazed at how Claire can get
around on the tricycle she got for her birthday
back in July.  Here, she negotiates her fairly level
front sidewalk with no help.  She ends up showing
off her mastery of "reverse."  And don't miss the
obligatory "cheese" at the end.

Claire is versatile (if I told her that she'd be
saying it next time I saw her).  Her song-and-dance
routines seem strikingly similar except for the words.
This one is "Oh, Be Careful, Little Eyes."
I would be totally out of breath if I tried to do these
double-time bounces while trying to sing.  What a
workout!  And at the end, the obligatory "cheese."
Why does that sound so familiar?

Well the only grandchild you haven't seen
in action is Evan, and here he is, to close out
this video fest.  There were SO many times that
I wished I had my camera in hand to film him
(what's "film"?).  And when I did have my camera
in hand you'll see what happens.  Not content to be
taped, he wants to HAVE that camera.  I hold him
at bay as long as I can, but he will not be denied.

I don't know how many of my readers will
persevere to the end, but as I've said before,
I think I'd blog if I were the only person who
viewed it.  After all, in the sense that a Weblog
is like a diary, it's not for everybody.  That said,
I hope these lovable kids brightened your day.

No comments: