Monday, October 3, 2011

A Really Eclectic Week

I was reflecting on what a satisfying week last week was.  Here's why:

Last Sunday:
Church
Hospital Volunteer Luncheon at the Fair Barn
Church Service at Pinehurst Nursing and Rehab

Monday
At relative's house to have propane heater pilot lights lit
Meet washing machine repair person at my house
* P.M. Kid-sitting: Claire and Evan

Tuesday
8:00 dentist appointment
Play piano at hospital outpatient waiting area: a volunteer friend gave me a whole collection of Louis Lamour western novels
* P.M. Kid-sitting: Bri and Hunter
* 6:00 P.M.  Nature Walk with the Girl Scouts

Wednesday
Cut Grass
Split wood
Recycle
Shopped for new washing machine with Judy

Thursday
* Played piano for NC Retired School Personnel
Blogged about the Grandkids
Put out ant poison in my endless quest to make the yard safe for toddlers

Friday
Split wood
Met washing machine delivery folks; glitchless installation
Old-fashioned singalong at Manor Care Nursing and Rehab

Saturday
Split wood / collected three beetles for grandkids enjoyment
Split more wood and made acquaintance of a young deer
Attended singalong at Pinehurst Nursing to visit aunt
Watched the school where I got my Bachelor's degree play football against the school where I got my Master's degree.  The former trounced the latter and it didn't bother me at all. 
A wedding
Hunter's 1st Birthday Party

In addition, the following things were part of every day:
Daily phone time with Daddy
Daily visits to church to photo/ chronicle our renovation, including lighting, painting, bathroom fixtures, refurbished pew installation, and more
Almost daily visits to see Thelma, my mother-in-law, in rehab after knee replacement surgery

* Indicates items I have already done separate blogs about.  And I will not attempt to do as Jennifer is-- too much pressure for a retiree!
I did not include activities that are part of every day, such as eating fantastic food prepared by Judy, sleeping, and so on.  But I'm sure I left out something.
It was the kind of week I love, busy doing all the things I retired to do!  And this week has the same kind of look.

1 comment:

Jennifer Kirby said...

I totally forgot to check out your new washing machine today! Remind me Thursday.

By the way, BOTH kids were in bed by 6 tonight! Love you.