Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick-or-Treat III

Just home from a wonderful visit with my
Georgia family, I wanted to post some highlights
of my visit.  Here's Daddy, who at 97 has
rekindled an interest in playing the harmonica.
His first experience with one was in his teens,
when he says you could buy one for a nickel.

Me, Caryn, and Buddy, all retired teachers now,
enjoyed our time with Daddy immensely.

The Halloween spirit was evident all about.
I did a couple of musical evenings as well as
playing some sacred music one afternoon.

I've made many friends among Daddy's
neighbors and caregivers.

At my final night singalong, Daddy agreed
to play something on the harmonica.  I wasn't
able to record that event, but I did record him
practicing "When the Roll is Called Up Yonder"
the day before.  If he keeps practicing, I'll record
him again on my next visit.

Well, time to get ready for those
Trick-or-Treaters.  If any.  Be sure to read
Trick-or-Treat I and II.

No comments: